Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last Minute Prep, Props, & The Midnight Setting

This is going to be a quick post.  I believe I have all of my last minute prep work finished.  Most of my last minute prep work is making sure I actually have everything I need.  When you have to leave your house to run a game, it can REALLY SUCK if you forget something.  It's not like I can drive an hour home, and then drive an hour back... 

I also have several props that I want to include today.  I found this old photo album, that had this ornate textured cover, that was tied to the back cover with some old string.  The paper on the inside of it looked very old, and was turning yellow.  I removed the few pages that had the corner tabs that kept the old pictures in there, and the rest of it was just blank old paper.  It looks like an oversized spellbook.  :)  I'll probably roll the pages with the picture corner tabs up to make them look like scrolls.

Lastly, I have a place in my heart for the Midnight Setting by Fantasy Flight Games.  I'm a big Middle-Earth fan, and Midnight seems like a good alternative for me to play in a Tolkien-inspired setting, without tarnishing that intricate setting.  Midnight is like a Middle-Earth if Sauron won...  I might run a LL campaign of it someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment